Monday, July 02, 2007

Kiss The Cook

I think I've said this before but there is nothing sexier than a man who cooks. Now all you macho types out there who think it's a pansy activity, think again! Ask any girl and she'll agree with me. Infact I've been told of women who go out with a man just because he cooks...cooks well that is. It is almost sensual to watch, a man who knows how to put his hands to good use in the kitchen will in all probability be just as good in the other rooms of the house. Ahem, I wonder what you guys are thinking right now :P
Being a foodie by both passion and profession...a man who cooks works well for me. Especially since I'd rather eat than cook, not because I can't but simply because I am too lazy to cook. Plus, kiss the cook is something I've been meaning to do for a long time.
Let me put my feet up after work, hand me a glass of wine and I'll gladly dote on you while you manoeuvre your way through the culinary world. That is what my ideal evening should be. Now its a reality. And the man in question is cooking up a storm in my life, in every sense of the term. So if they say watch out for the calm before the storm...what do I watch out for when the storm is already gaining momentum?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been reading your musings for a while and the feeling I get is that – you are lonely and lost in the myriad patterns of life. You are just too overwhelmed with all the possibilities that this life has to offer and one thing that holds your constant attention is relationship – with men.

I might be well off the mark by light years, but I feel you are not a regular 24 year old. You have the mind of a 38 year old married woman, a mother of two, having an illicit relationship with life. You are edgy, self confident with a sense of bohemia that actually defies you and what you want to stand for.

And more often than not, you succumb to seduction not because the guy is Mr. Right but because he is weird, a sort of scoundrel, and like you, not regular. You are living a dream where you wake up, go back to the dream, and wake up again . Deja Vu?

SIM said...

@ brazen
hmm well thanks for the pop psychology. you are actually quite accurate at some places and way off in others. a typical 24 year old I am definately not...and mind of a 38 year old married woman, a mother of two, having an illicit relationship with life!? well I am older than my years but certainly not that old :P
and lastly, I am not looking for Mr. Right. the men in my life are all good guys, I am just not used to staying still...

Anonymous said...

Pop psychology? Why does that sound so blatantly familiar? And the "38 year old married woman, a mother of two, having an illicit relationship with life" - I know I was stretching the limits.

So how do these good guys take it when you move on? I ask because I expect scoundrels to shrug and dismiss the whole thing, but good guys - how do they react?

SIM said...

@ brazen
I don't move on out of compulsion...things don't work out and you can't mend something once it cracks.

Zee said...

hmmmmmmm i've never thought of it...... no man has ever cooked for me.....and those on the TV shows are quite sucky......except oliver's twist......he's quite cool....

sorry about ur jeans though

moonstruck maniac said...

cooking is so much fun, esp when you do it for your date. It is always nice to catch a sneak peek of the smiling eyes looking at you. Being an older soul in a 24-year-old body makes you all the more beautiful and loveable SiM. I hope it is true! Good to see you back.
And great going for the storm gaining momentum dude. I'd say live on.

SIM said...

@ zee
I never thought about it before this either...but its damn cool :P

@ moonie
its pretty much the truth...old soul, young in years :)

Amit said...

yes. women love men who cook, at least that day. its also a great line for the first invite over to the place - Hey. How about this sunday afternoon we do wine at my place and ill cook you a nice chicken curry and rice. men enjoy cooking for their women as much as women enjoy being cooked (heh) for by their guys! someone's chicken is someone elses goose. but its all getting cooked all the time. infact cooking is like sex only, slow heat over a long time brings the flavor out best! Yo!

Purva said...

I couldn't agree more! Each time my mom taunts me for not knowing how to cook I indulge in dreaming about such Mr Right who loves cooking...:)

Happy Living!

SIM said...

@ amit
you hit the nail on the head with that one dude :P

@ purva
don't we all wish for that kindaa mr. right hon' :)

do bigha zameen said...

ok, can cook a good meal for you once in a week......... but only if you avoid the kiss.

SIM said...

@ exile
ok the kiss can be avoided...i'll find some other way to thank you...but hey, im not that bad a kisser ;P