Monday, July 02, 2007

The Travelling Pants...

Women find shopping therapeutic. Women never have anything to wear. Women will shop for reasons other than the lack of a decent wardrobe. Women love to shop. Period.
All women know that and all men should understand that at the earliest.
So returning from a trip that maxed out my credit cards and landed me in a hell lot of trouble at Sydney's check-in counter...what with 15 kgs of extra baggage, you would think that I would've had my fill of retail therapy right? I thought so too. But, wrong!
Oh how I fought with the ground staff, pleaded and cajoled...all for a few extra pieces of clothing and accesories.
But then there I was, at home with a suitcase full of brand new goodies and what do I discover? I left my favourite pair of jeans in a hotel room in Gold Coast. The one that had been with me for 3 years...the one that accentuated what was good and hid what was not as good...the one that had travelled with me across the globe and lived to tell the tale...the one that was faded and scratched from said travelling but still holding on.
Now all fellow femmes would understand that is quite a tragic mishap. There is nothing quite as bad as losing your favourite denim. Its almost like you lose a friend. And now nothing is as good.
So what does one do? The best pal consoles me but with no avail. I need that denim again. I can't let go of it. Well she doesn't give up easily...and so, with her fully functional credit card and a determined stance, she drags me along to find a new fave denim. It won't happen I say. Never again.
After 3 hours of futile rummaging and window shopping...I have lost all hope. And then, quite suddenly I see it again. A pair quite similiar to mine and the best part, its spanking new. It fits, oh yes it fits perfectly. Goodbye old, hello new. Ah, all is good again.

P.S: This is me being completely vain as Im bored shitless, men will not understand this post but women will sympthasize with me :P

11 comments:

Still Searching said...

Oh yeah! women will totally sympathize with you! I went jeans shopping some time back, and spent hrs trying to find the perfect pair like the ones that I was wearing.. and every time I tried something out, my mom's like "this is just like what u're already wearing" and I'm like "Thats the idea!"

Ms. 868 said...

Jeans are tricky pieces of clothing - they look fanfuckmetastic when you now get them and it's fitted tight to hug your curves in the beginning, then they stretch out a bit and start to sag a little and then you have to pop them in the drier so they shrink back to size

sounds like sex =\ tight fit...stretched out...then something shrinks - go figure

moonstruck maniac said...

No, even this man would sympathise. Nothing like losing THE pair of denims. It takes a hell of a long time to find that pair - colour, fitting, length, waist etc etc. And I agree with ms 868. I like the washed denim that is tight again.
although... naah.
So, good that you finally found the one again.

SIM said...

@ still
haha thats all the more fun ain't it. get more of whats good :)

@ 868
ya sounds a lot like sex...just 100% satisfaction guaranteed and better still a 15 day exchange policy on them as well, unlike bad bed mates :P

@ moonie
you surprise me everytime man...SIM must meet you and find out if you are for real :P

moonstruck maniac said...

I am 100% real. That is another thing that I am missed out mostly. he he, humans!!!

nutty said...

awsm! glad to know you got the perfect pair again ... how can anyone go through life without that one perfect pair of jeans!!

totally get u!

Incrediblyirrational said...

hahaha..reminds me of how i stood heaving and tears rolling down when i thought i lost my pair of jeans i had dried outside my hostel....two days back!

SIM said...

@ moonie
or so you say...

@ nutty
hehe i know...its divine intervention :P

@ nithya
ouch! that must have been failr traumatic...

Mihir Pathare said...

not true!

I love a good pair of old pants as much as you do. It took me 3 months to find a "new" favorite pair of jeans. :)
But the wait was well worth it :)

burf said...

i wonder why dint you call the hotel and ask him to courier your jeans to you???

SIM said...

@ taurius
alright, i take back my P.S :P
men care just as much!

@ burf
because I live oceans and many miles away in India