Thursday, August 02, 2007

Firefly...

"Like a firefly that burns bright...he came suddenly, out of the dark sky. He hovered around for a little while, he lit up my days with laughter and smiles. Then he vanished just as suddenly, my dear firefly."

I hate insects and their likes...no matter what kind they are. Who doesn't? But what can one do when a charming firefly buzzes his way into your heart. The dark recesses of which you thought were impenetrable. But they creep up on you don't they...naughty little fellas. They seek a glimmer of light. He found it somehow and rescued me from the night. And then they disappear just as fast.

Before one can sit and ponder over why all good things must come to an end...one knows the truth will be a bitter pill to swallow. When you go looking for trouble, you will find it. But oh wretched heart, it just craves for what it shouldn't want. Fireflies are nothing but trouble.

Ah, my dear firefly.

7 comments:

Still Searching said...

I hate falling in love..

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna stick with bugs here. Love's like a butterfly. Hold it to tight and u'll crush it, hold it to soft and it'll fly away. All the best holding it just right!

IR said...

But oh wretched heart, it just craves for what it shouldn't want.- very true ! well said

Anonymous said...

Honey you talk like he died, what happened? No firefly vanishes like that.

SIM said...

@ still
I don't hate it...I just hate the pain that comes with it

@ anonymous
We couldn't hold onto so we've set it free...it'll come back if its meant to be :)

@ ir
thanks, wish I wasn't saying it from experience though :P

@ betty
he didn't die but the firefly needed to be free...they never stay still and you can't hold them down

nutty said...

its sounds awfully trite to say this but shall say it anyways - its better to have loved and lost than never have at all.

every time I've felt a firefly light up my life I've also felt the darkness a little less heavy after its gone... maybe some part of the light stays on.. who knows... but yes its a new lesson learnt so I try not to complain :)

I'd almost lost your blog so going to blog roll you :)

SIM said...

@ nutty
I completely agree...as does the firefly ;P
Loved and lost is better than never have loved at all and it leaves you with a whole batch of beautiful memories...