Saturday, January 12, 2008

Caught In The Middle

Happy New Year :P
I know that I am a little late in the day to be wishing that but something or the other has been keeping me away from writing. I won't blame it on anything else but sheer laziness perhaps. Coz no amount of work kept me away from ranting here in the past. Maybe it is a burnout so to speak. From words, from the web, from emotions. Everything. A complete cut-off from all ties.
But it has been an eventful few months nonetheless. When one thinks about it, there is so much to write and then sometimes it seems there is nothing at all. The same way that when one looks back there is so much that seems to have been left behind. The people, the memories, the situations. And then you are reminded that there is more ahead. Lots yet to be seen, many more people to meet and miles to go before I sleep.
Sheesh... This is turning out to be a typical introspective New Year post. So I must end it here.
P.S: One of the things I did in between was to get my first tattoo. The symbol means much more to me than it gives away. Will talk of it at a later date. Cheers!

6 comments:

Still Searching said...

Wow! Tattoo! Hmmm... I don't know if I'd ever get one, dont think I wanna go through the pain!

And you're so right! Sometimes you have nothing to say, and at other times so many things have happened, you don't know where to start and it seems like nothing really happened! anyways, happy new year!

Serendipity said...

woo-hoo! at least one of the serendipities got it done :):):)

Is on my to do list for the year :)
Have a good one!

nutty said...

happy 2008 2u2!

did the tattoo hurt like hell?? and you said first .. u're planning another one??

can relate to the burnout .. hope you're back soon enough tho .. take care!

SIM said...

@ still
It wasn't that painful actually. Infact it is an exhilarating experience. The post-tattoo care is the real bitch.

@ serendipity
ya gal, I just gathered my courage and went ahead.

@ nutty
refer to my response to still. and ya this is like an appetizer for the main course but it still means a whole damn lot to me. I will be back soon. Cheers! :P

Spider42 said...

hey serendipity...
whered you go? i wandered of for a while meself, hope to see you here soon..
and like the tat btw, and so you know i have an ankh i wear round my neck all the time, so i guess in some way i know the importance of it to a person.. if im being presumptuous, forgive a poor returning fool! ;)
cheers..

SIM said...

@ dude
you wear it around your neck? awesome man! no presumptions at all dude...I appreciate knowing there are others just as cooky as me out there and not a part of those ignorant ppl who ask me if the sign stands for the Hiv-aids awareness campaign! ;P cheers!