Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Healing Touch...

We all need some form of healing in our life. Whether it be sexual, mental, emotional, physical or even spiritual. You might not even know it but a casual moment of a stolen touch from somebody and the warmth it emanates deep within you is a type of healing that can cure the sourest of demeanors, the worse of moods and the severest of pains. A loving handshake, an admiring pat, a tight hug or a deep kiss will last you a lifetime and bring a smile to any face.

I have been on a journey of healing these past few months. And I found that ‘touch’ in the most unlikely places. People often surprise you with the love and kindness they carry within themselves and I derived my strength from some such individuals.
A stranger who has become my dearest companion in a matter of six months… A childhood friend who had a (mock) fight with me for the first time in 12 years just ‘cos I hadn’t called her in eons… An ex who let go of me so I could move on… The woman who gave birth to me, giving me a new lease of life with her wise words, and the former boss who’s inspired writings echoed my own deepest thoughts and hidden fears.
These are the people who have helped me heal.

The sexual healing from scars I had been carrying along for years came with that stranger… No it wasn’t a one-night stand. Its what the difference between making love and having sex is. The kinds that rekindle your lost innocence.
The emotional healing from an often ambivalent and nonchalant attitude towards those closest to me came with that friend… She taught me how to love people unconditionally.
The physical healing from an insatiable yearning that wrecked my being with guilt came with that ex… He held my hand while I inked my skin with a symbol that connected us both.
The spiritual healing from sworn atheism and a prolonged irreparable void came with that woman… She spoke to me like an adult and not like the child she had bred and gifted me with wisdom that only a mother can.
The mental healing from unvoiced anguish, anger and hatred came with that former boss… Her near daily blogs chronicled much of my own woes and worries.

Go on and break down that invisible wall that you’ve built around you. All is not wrong with the world. And for all the evil and bad surrounding us, there is always the little good in everyone.

11 comments:

Crimson Feet said...

That was powerful!
Its nice to see someone choosing the brighter side of life!

PS.
Nice to find Eve's mention there. She does have enough honesty towards life, in order to inspire others to face it!

Still Searching said...

Wow! amazing! Coincidentally, I'm lookng for some physical, mental, emotional and spiritual healing right now too! And I think it may come my way...

Awesome to feel healed and touched...

Spider42 said...

a beautiful notion, something most of need to do most desperately - more so now then ever before I think.
Douglas Adams once wrote, 'I may not be where I wanted to be, but perhaps I am where I should be."
Hope your journey takes you where you need to be and you find the fruits youre looking for.
Cheers..

Still Searching said...

And am glad to report that much healing has been done, for me!:)

nutty said...

I'm happy for you :)

SIM said...

@ crimson
thanks crim! Yes she sure does :P

@ still
I am glad you found it...you go gurl!

@ dude
the journey is endless, the rewards sweet ;)

@ nutty
thanks babe... cheers!

T. Jain said...

Sigh. Uplifting. First time on this blog. No regrets. :)

Spider42 said...

to start with, id like to applaud you on having taken such a journey and for finding your way through. few people today would even know what it entails, let alone try and undertake it knowingly.
im really happy for you and wish you all the best to come in the future.
life is but an ever changing terrain with countless roads, if you stay the way you are, my guess is youll do just fine.
thanks for that last little bit of advice, i think its something people at large could really do with!
cheers..

Spider42 said...

holler!! (as you requested!) :D
...for a more detailed explanation, pls refer to my response to your lst comment on my blog...

Spider42 said...

Hey thanks!
i know what you mean about the hectic work scene and all.. goin a little stir/grind crazy myself..
Id love to have a pow-wow about my book and get some advice! for a newbie like me, any advice is more than welcome!
lemme know how you want to do this, email, chat, blogger comments, etc.. whatever..
thanks again and take care..
cheers..

Punvati said...

That was amazing... inspiring...