Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Festive Crunch...

So the thing that gets me most about the festive season...more than the sporadic bouts of fake enthusiasm and supposed high spirits...(spare me please) is the fact that everyone is in town on a holiday. Yea they all get leave from work and fly in from all corners of the country and the globe. At last count, i had about 10 friends coming in. It is a lot of fun actually. Catching up with all of them, reminiscing and getting drunk...coz there is just so much coffee one can have ;) and then coping with the hangover at work, while all those buggers sleep in late coz they ain't got jobs to go to...hmph!
Anyways so the point im getting at, no wait there is no point to this ranting...well what im saying is that with my 'newly single' status, its even more fun to soak in all this revelry. Im getting my fair share of ex's, crush's, maybe's and never ever kindda men. And its the first time in nearly a decade that i got no affiliations or ties to hold me back.
So i spent my weekend in a daze of coffee, pub hopping, dancing and all that jazz. Christmas eve was a BBQ dinner at a pals terrace and then on Xmas, i even managed to have a guy cook lunch for me...life is sweet! In between all this i squeezed in a movie with my kiddie cousins and went to see Happy Feet. Dancing and singing penguins...thats what the movie is, not a good proposition for that sunday morning headache. Well i just enjoyed the popcorn and diet coke.
The flip side to all this fun and frolic, is the morning after...well not quite literally. But still. Im yet to recover from this extended weekend (where im sure i've put on atleast 10 pounds with all that turkey, vodka and wine) on a lazy thursday morning, while the other one is already looming large.
My oh my, the festive crunch!
Cheers

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'...fun and frolic, is the morning after...well not quite literally...'

kheekhee...minding someone's p's ?
literal wordplay for christmas too... :p :p :p

ps...played 'infinity' over and over again...

johnny cash...'hurt'...sunna...

happy new (y)earing
ani

SIM said...

@ ani
hmm im not quite sure if ur laughing at me or with me. either ways...its all good. im glad u liked the song :)

Zee said...

oh it's always so much fun to have friends in town from all over!!! :)

Still Searching said...

Happy new yr!!

And totally agree about putting on 10 pounds.. i am sure in the past one and a half weeks i've gained all the kilos i had lost dragging myself to the gym every morning!! waaah!!!!