Friday, December 15, 2006

Infinity...

Have you ever had a line from a song you heard somewhere in passing, play over and over again in your head? You don't recall any other words, just those 1-2 lines, don't know the name or who the artist is. Yet it keeps tugging at you, disrupting your normal flow of thought. It could be for any reason...whether you loved the voice, or the emotion swept you or some inane generalization.
Well, i've had these lines in my head for a long time...take my empty body and discover me, infinity.
I finally found it after a lot of frantic searches. Ok in all honesty, i bugged my dearest friend to find it for me but still. And now i can't stop playing it on a constant loop. So im sharing my joy with all of you :)

We are all like astronauts
Discovery, infinity
Take my empty body
And discover me, infinity
Forgive the endless longing
So it's crazy you and crazy me...

...We're wasting up our lips
They're interlocking, we are centipedes
Take this to the floor
It's interstellar with our blue-black needs
Forgive the endless longing
So it's crazy you, crazy me


* Infinity by Inara George

7 comments:

jairaj said...

Very nice. Thanks there!

Still Searching said...

I feel like that quite a few times.. when I know either the tune or maybe a line from the song and neither the artist, name or album i known! and when I heard the latest ad by Airtel for ringtones.. one of the ads goes on the same lines.. "woh walla gaana".. "kaunsa?!" "pata nahin" am reminded of the same situation!

Interesting song, btw...

4wD said...

bravo.

Thought whats really bad is when you remember the words, and they play over and over in your head, but you dont remember the tune.

OK, so maybe that hasn't happened to you...doesnt make me wierd.

shantanu said...

The joy of finding a song which you have been reallllly searching for is something i can relate to. And yes you do keep playing it on and on and on...

SIM said...

@ jerry
anytime dude :)

@ ruchika
haha yea i've been thru that mahself..tell u wat, next time, ask me and i'll bully my pal to look for it :)

@ ninja
nope not wierd at all. happens to all of us

@ shantanu
im just glad i can share the joy

InExile said...

Merry X'mas serendipitious ! ;)

Zee said...

the point is....humming a good song in ur head....is a good thing!!! and then u google it and feel all happy in life.

but imagine singing a himesh no in ur head all day and u're pulling ur hair out to get rid of his "nasal twang" as semi girebaal puts it (too much tv! too much tv!)

will download ur song now that i'm curious :)