Sunday, November 12, 2006

Girl, Interrupted

Can you hug away my pain, can you kiss away my tears. Can you erase the hurt of past memories...the wounds i carry with me each day. The invisible scratches on my body, the unmistakable vaccum in my soul. If I told you that the hands that were meant to protect, the eyes i trusted, the voice i recognized...turned around and shattered my world. What does it feel like to never have had a childhood...to not remember what being 11 years old feels like. When you grow up too fast even when you don't want to. When you learn what a curse it is to be born as a woman in this world full of wolves posing as men. What would you do if I told...I am not me coz the person I could've been was slowly suffocated and murdered a long time ago. Would you hug and kiss it away and then ask me to forget. Erase and Rewind. After all, you are a man too and he is your brethren.
Tell me??

- Girl, Interrupted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

'...i was born in a cross fire hurricane...'

the rolling stones...

i know it has nothing to do with this...

or maybe...

at times...

ani :P

jairaj said...

ani said it right, but didn't complete it.

"what can I poor boy do apart from sing in a rock n' roll band..."

You're not shattered but a bit roughed up. Wounds will heal, don't let the scars bother you.

InExile said...

you took away all my promises can you take away my pain..

The Cat said...

When you grow up too fast even when you don't want to.

I want to be four again. I'm sick of nineteen.

LostLittleGirl said...

And then she thought death was romantic...maybe Dylan was talking about this...or maybe Susanne Kaysen..