Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Is this it?

Is this it? Is this all there is to life?
Job, paycheque, shopping, partying, workouts, sex and coffee cafe's?
Guess this is the trouble with starting work so early in life..barely outta post grad and boom here i am. Was so happy that i had everything figured out. Doing what i love to do..write, make enough to last me through the month, infact now that i have all that money, im baffled about what exactly to do with it.
Don't get me wrong, im not complaining. Just that in this rat race of getting to the top as fast as possible..u feel like you've lost out on the real, simple joys of life. I don't remember the last time i stopped to do anything. Its all just getting from here to there. Monday morning blues, Tuesday workouts, Wednesday production day at work, Thursday editorial meetings, Friday assignments, Saturday getting through the day to get to ur fave drinking hole, Sunday oh damn this is my only day off so got a million chores to do. And then it all starts all over again
I might go insane like this coz i can't do this every fucking day for the rest of my life..tune it all out with my ipod plugged in but that won't last too long. Boss calls, complains that my masterpiece in words will make for a crappy article, ok here we go..rewrite it all!
I know what i need right now, a good fuck. Yea the kinds that get everything off your mind in an instant. Now where's a guy when you need one? Damn when will this day end..

8 comments:

InExile said...

ha ha ha
i had a similar deja-vu(?!?) some times back !! left it all ... even i started work way too young... i so know what u mean !!

Anahat said...

well if ur in exile and shes serendipity in motion...

i think u both need some dido...

u see u have to choose.. you need to sail... not just drift along in laziness and luck.. but really choose.. where is the life youre living.. in those seven quirky days all mapped out.. when are you living?... and if youre not.. whose to blame.. and whos to do anything about it..

- Aye Davanita said...

AHA!

...this is EXACTLY what I was talking about.

why bother with pretenses and games? - i suppose women need a screening process - since you've probably been hit on since you were 10.

Alas! the painful realization for a woman hits when she sees that at the back of EVERY man's mind is the same bloody thought (and a sweet thought it is indeed).

I will glow for the next few hours at your want... nay... NEED for good "meaningless" sex.

(you dont' have to convince me that "no no no... there is meaning here...") - i know.

Anonymous said...

'your job is not to be this or to be that...just be'

the gita...

i know i know...easier said than done...but...

tu khush re...

ani

Anonymous said...

btw...you're 'a movement in blue' on my blogroll...

aadaab back to you...

ani

SIM said...

hmm this is my life anahat and im damn happy in it..but everyone has bad days..i reckon u haven't been having any crappy days huh? well this post came out of one particular day from hell ;)

LostLittleGirl said...

Hey..thanks for your comment! I cannot blab enough about how it feels to see SOME alien words on the page..
Well...all of us who started college right after 12th grade are doomed. I knew it when I was doing it..and I know it now...
This too shall pass...hang in there..

LostLittleGirl said...

Rajasthan! ...You know the whole polarity of that region has always shocked me everytime I visit...economically the diverge, as everyone knows, is expansive...
It's sad that I can make everyone within 5 km of my radius be fully aware of the fact that I'm PMSing...and I know 13 year old girls standing outside the house..all day..waiting for the men to retire...because she cannot enter as she's 'impure' during menstruation.
And so many instances...the fasting, the bowing, the Hindu purdah, the widow alienation...treating her life a corpse...
But its polarity is disturbing when me coming from wherever...with all the opprotunities I have had...still cannot wear a spaghetti in our ancestral house...and still talk loudly...or make my grandfather have any inkling that I even KNOW any boys...
Maybe it will change...but most likely that it won't...perhaps that's why everytime I come back ..am on a crazy rampage like a bitch in heat against all 'men'
Hmmm.. not that the Delhi men are responsible for that, but hell...you gotta blame someone.

And crap...it just dawned on me that I should have written this out on MY page...hope you'll excuse my idiocy:)
And yes, I've always regretted not taking that one year gap and scooting off...
Damn those traveling Americans....Social Security really does wonders for the youth atleast!